High-quality and Affordable Dentures in North Lake
South Lake Smiles provides high-quality dentures and other dental services to help you restore your confidence.
The Advantages of Dentures
If you are unsure about a dental procedure, you should always consult with your dentist to learn more about it. Therefore, before getting your first set of dentures, you should be aware of their advantages. Here are some of the advantages of dentures.
1.) It brightens your smile
2.) It improves your overall appearance
3.) It is customised based on your teeth
4.) It is low-maintenance
5.) It prevents the deterioration of your jawbone
6.) It reduces the possibility of further complications
Why Choose South Lake Smiles
for Dentures in North Lake
Are you looking for dentures in North Lake, Western Australia?
Book an appointment at South Lake Smiles. You can call us at (08) 6495 4004.
Frequently Asked Questions About Dentures
Dentures that do not fit properly can irritate your gums. Swelling can happen over time, rendering the soft tissues more vulnerable to infection. If the infection is not treated, it can lead to gum disease, which can potentially affect the jawbone.
Consult an oral health professional if you have any of the following symptoms:
- Mouth sores
- Mouth fissures
- Incorrect fit
- Loose teeth
- Bleeding gums
- Swelling gums
- Gum abscess
First, our dentist will confirm if your gums and soft tissues are healthy. Our dental team will perform a full examination and request imaging studies such as X-rays. Then, we will start the denture-making process by creating a mould of your jaw. Finally, we will go over important aspects such as the size, form, and colour of your new teeth before your mould is sent to the laboratory for fabrication.
The length of the new teeth is determined at the second session based on the patient’s mouth. To guarantee that the denture fits perfectly, the upper and lower teeth must be properly aligned. This is also known as the “center jaw relationship” (CJR) or “maximum mandibular retrusion” (MMR) appointment. We will go over the important interaction between the upper and lower jaws during this procedure. We will guarantee that there are no bite problems, so that there is no discomfort as the patient talks or chews.
Your denture may feel unusual at first, but this is normal. As time goes by, your mouth, tongue, and facial muscles will adjust.
It is important to keep your dentures clean in order to keep your mouth healthy. Cleaning your dentures first thing in the morning and before going to sleep is essential. Here are some tips on how you can maintain your dentures.
- Rinse your dentures in cold water after meals.
- Use a towel and a basin with half-filled water to wash your dentures.
- Hold your denture firmly yet gently. If you apply too much pressure to the lower dentures near the ends, they may snap.
- Brush your dentures in all areas to remove the accumulated plaque. Use a denture brush, mild soap, water, or denture paste to clean your dentures.
- Using a soft toothbrush, carefully clean any portions of your mouth that are normally covered by your dentures. This includes the gums and the roof of your mouth.
- After removing your dentures, brush your natural teeth. Brush your teeth with a soft-bristled toothbrush and fluoride toothpaste.
- It is critical to remove your dentures before going to bed. Taking your dentures off at night gives your mouth a chance to rest. It also helps to avoid infections.
- After cleaning, dentures can be stored in a cup of cold water or in a clean, dry container.
Before re-inserting your dentures, rinse them with cold water.
- Upper and lower dentures: $2341 – $3245
- Upper denture: $1393 – $2200
- Partial dentures including acrylic, flexi dentures, and cobalt chrome: $700 – $1700