Painless & Affordable Root Canal Treatment in South Lakes
While a root canal may be uncomfortable, it is the most effective technique to protect your tooth from dental deterioration, resulting in less dental treatment in the future.
Root canal therapy is a quick and painless operation that can relieve the pain and discomfort associated with toothaches, help prevent infection, and restore the condition of your teeth. Root canal therapy is an effective and long-lasting method of repairing teeth that have been damaged for many years.
Imagine having the most advanced dental technology available in town right here at South Lake Smiles. Our state-of-the-art equipment allows us to perform root canal therapy with minimal discomfort and maximum results. We can save your natural teeth without extracting them, so you can keep on smiling!
The Benefits of A Root Canal Therapy
Many people become apprehensive when they learn they require root canal treatment. It is always best to save your natural tooth, so root canal treatment is often the treatment your dentist recommends. It provides several advantages, aside from saving your teeth from infection. It may include but is not limited to the following:
- Your tooth is saved and does not need to be extracted.
- Infections are prevented from spreading to nearby teeth.
- It relieves the discomfort caused by an infected tooth.
- As a result, jaw bone damage and bone loss are minimized.
- The treatment is supported by recent studies as being safe and effective.
- Maintain a healthy smile and keep your tooth’s natural appearance.
Why Choose South Lake Smiles
for Root Canal Treatment
Root canal procedure is a technique that can save you from having to undergo tooth extraction. Finding an experienced dentist who can perform root canal treatment correctly and effectively is important.
South Lake Smiles provides high-quality care to our residents in South Lake and nearby areas. We aim to provide high-quality dental care and a smooth root canal experience!
South Lake Smiles is the place to go if you need a root canal treatment. Our dentists will offer you great care to guarantee that your smile remains healthy and improves the quality of your life.
Set your appointment now at South Lake Smiles and contact us at (08) 6495 4004!
Frequently Asked Questions About Root Canal Therapy
The dental pulp is the soft inner core of teeth. The pulp extends from the visible crown to the root tip of the jawbone. The pulp contains nerves, blood vessels, and connective tissue which is responsible for blood supply in a tooth. When a tooth is damaged or has a deep cavity, bacteria can enter the pulp. Tooth abscess caused by untreated bacteria and active decay can lead to pulp death, bone loss, and tooth loss if left untreated.
Damaged tooth pulp can cause inflammation or infection. Occasionally, a tooth requires root canal therapy even when no symptoms exist. Common signs are:
- Intense or severe toothaches (can be a sharp pain that radiates to your jaw)
- increased tooth sensitivity.
- Pus around the infected tooth.
- Swelling and tenderness of the gums.
- Cracked or chipped tooth.
- Tooth discolouration that appears greyish.
A root canal treatment normally takes 3–4 dental appointments. Your dentist or endodontist will first take x-rays of the damaged tooth and numb the surrounding area with a local anesthetic.
Once the area is numb, a local anaesthetic will be delivered into your gums. It may feel like a severe pinch or burning, but it will subside quickly. You will be awake during the endodontic process but will not experience any pain. Your dentist or endodontist will then drill a small hole in the crown of the tooth. Once the infected or diseased tooth pulp has been exposed, it will be gently removed with the help of a special dental tool known as files.
They will clean out all of the canals or pathways in your tooth with great care. Following the removal of the damaged tooth pulp, the dentist may apply a topical antibiotic to make sure that the infection is removed and that it does not reoccur. After cleaning and disinfecting the canals, the dentist will fill and seal the tooth using canal sealer cement and gutta-percha, a rubber-like material. Oral antibiotics may also be provided.
The most basic way to keep you from root canal therapy is to practise good oral hygiene habits. Maintaining your oral health can prevent any oral problems such as tooth decay and cavities that can infect your tooth pulp.
- Give yourself oral care by brushing your teeth twice a day. It can help to avoid bacteria buildup and keep your teeth healthy. Tooth decay starts from food debris left in your mouth.
- Rinse your mouth with mouthwash at least once daily. It reduces plaque formation and eliminates particles that brushing alone can not remove.
- Change your toothbrush for at least three to four months.
- Go to a dental clinic twice per year. It is essential to have your teeth professionally cleaned by a dentist.
- Floss your teeth daily.
- Reduce your sugar consumption.
If you need root canal therapy, the cost will depend on how many root canals you need and if you need a dental crown to complete the treatment.
According to the Australian Dental Association, the average cost of root canal therapy in Western Australia is $986.97. This includes the oral examination, x-ray, extirpation or the removal of the dead pulp, disinfecting the root canal, and the obturation or filling the canal space.
Several factors may determine the expense of your root canal. At South Lake Smiles, we’ll give you the treatment plan and the total cost prior to the start of the treatment. We can also discuss the other alternatives to root canal.